How To Give A Cat A Pill
If you have ever tried to give a cat a pill you know
how difficult it is. The following instructions are fool proof!
1. Pick up the cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm
as if holding
a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either
side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while
pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth.
Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from under chair. Cradle cat
arm and repeat process.
3. Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.
4. Take a new pill from foil wrap. Cradle cat in left arm holding
tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill
to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count
5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top
of wardrobe. Call spouse in from garden.
6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between the knees. Holding
and rear paws, ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse
to hold cat's head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden
into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap.
a note to buy a new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully
sweep shattered figurines from hearth and set aside for gluing
8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with it's head
visible from beneath spouse's armpit. Put pill in end of drinking
straw, force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down
9. Check label to make sure that pill is not harmful to humans. Drink
of water to take taste away. Apply band-aid to spouse's forearm
and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10.Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in
and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force
mouth open with spoon, flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply
compress to cheek and check records for last tetanus shot.
throw t-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12. Call the fire department to retrieve cat from tree across the road.
to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid
cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.
13. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly
leg of dining room table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from garage.
Force cat's mouth open with small trowel. Push pill
into mouth followed}
by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour 1/2 pint
of water down throat to
wash pill down.
14. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room. Sit quietly
stitches finger and forearm and removes pill remnants
from right eye. Stop by furniture store on the way home to order
15. Arrange for vet to make housecall.